Why work at Cedar Lane
Below are real quotes from the staff at Cedar Lane:
- Cedar Lane is a unique school in Fairfax County. Our students and staff are all unique as well. We are a small school, which makes staff and students very connected to each other. Our administration is understanding, compassionate and very much down to earth. We love gathering together and sharing laughter, food and each other's family life. Attending a Cedar Lane graduation is like no other graduation in the county, it's very personalized for each Senior.
- Be a part of a supportive and tight-knit staff, and make a real difference in the lives of underserved youth.
- We are family.
- The best part about Cedar Lane is the small community feel. Everyone knows everyone and knows the students well. The staff is flexible in their thinking and creative in the ways we can best support our students to achieve their goals. The staff also works very closely together to ensure our students see success, whatever that may look like for them: attending school more consistently, showing up to classes on time, transitioning between classes, talking to a trusted adult, obtaining an internship in the community, passing an SOL/class, making a new friend, eating lunch with others, etc.
- I love working at Cedar because it’s such a small school, so I get to make real, authentic connections with my students that we develop over years. I’ve had a few students come in to my class as freshmen and I get to work with them until they graduate. It’s so rewarding to watch them grow and change and be successful. I love these kids so much. I wouldn’t work anywhere else!
- Working at CL makes me realize how people enjoy what they do.