Cedar Lane School Student Device Responsibility Use Guidelines:
You are bound by the SR&R while using this Student Device.
•FCPS borrowed Student Device should be used only in conjunction with projects relating to the educational programs of FCPS. It may not be used as a personal or social device for the student.
• The device is valuable and should be treated appropriately. It should not be thrown or dropped. It should never be placed on the roof or hood of a car, on the sidewalk or street, or treated in any way that may cause it to be crushed, dropped, or damaged.
• The Student Device is for your use only. Friends, other students, siblings, cousins, or other people should not use it. Keep away from pets at all times.
• The Student Device should never be left unattended in the classroom, on the bus, in the hallway, in the lunchroom, in the gym, or any other public place.
• The device should not be used near water, household chemicals, food or drink, or other liquids that could damage its electronic components.
• When carried outside, the device must be protected in such a way that rain, snow, ice, excessive heat and or cold will not damage it.
• The device should be kept in a secure location at all times when not in use.
• All files should be saved in Blackboard or Google Apps for Education, not on the computer hard drive.
• The device should be fully charged when brought to school for use during the day.
• The device should be powered off completely, one time per day.
• Tech support is provided at your school, for your laptop, during school hours only. DO NOT TAKE THE LAPTOP TO A RETAIL STORE FOR REPAIR. The device is covered by a FCPS warranty.
• Tech Staff are available at a school designated locations (Room 110A). Your laptop will be repaired or you will be given a loaner device.
• School staff should be informed of a lost/stolen device as soon as possible. If you believe your device was stolen, report it immediately to the police.
Listed below are the items that I received and the cost to replace items if they are not returned at the end of the school year during collection.
• Dell 3300 ($467.00)
• Dell 90w AC power adapter ($28.00) KEEP THIS FLYER IN A SAFE PLACE FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Note: If you leave Cedar Lane, it is your responsibility to return all the above items. Any items not returned will be recorded as a debt owed to the school.
I understand a will abide by these Student Device Guidelines:
__________________________ (Student Name) ____________ (Date)